Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Unit 8: Optimal Well-being: Psychological, Spiritual and Physical Keys to Health and Thriving



        “Mental Fitness” can be achieved in a number of different ways through various exercises and practices. Meditation and visualization have been the two most vital exercises that I have gained through this study of integral health. After I have read my bible, for 20-30 minutes I can just lie in state of calm and begin to meditate on the meaning of that particular passage of scripture and how it relates to where I am currently, or how I can make it an integral part of my life. In some instances, I may create from it an affirmation statement that I can rehearse until the changes are evident. Visualization works similarly to this in that if it is a specific promise in that passage of scripture, I can begin to picture myself as having received it as well as recount those that I have already received.  
Reference

Dacher, E.S., M.D. (2006). Integral health: the path to human flourishing. Laguna
            Beach, CA Basic Health Publications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment