Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Unit 10-Professional Application of the Psychological and Spiritual Aspects of Healing



          Periodically revisiting one’s goals that have been set allows one to gauge progress towards those goals. In week three of this course of study, I had the opportunity to assess how well I was thriving in my psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Using a scale of 1 to 10, I assessed a score of 6 to my psychological well-being, a score of 5 to my physical well-being, and a score of 8 to my spiritual well-being. When completing personal application of psychological and spiritual aspects of healing, not really paying attention to what I had previously rated myself, my scores were the exact same. I look at this as progress, because of employing some of the wellness techniques that I have gained, I have been able to maintain whereas in the past would have declined. 

            Psychologically, I set the goal of taking 10-minute breaks per hour of work or study, which I have been pleased to have been able to accomplish. Physically, I set the goal of walking one-mile per day. I have not been able to set aside time to dedicate towards accomplishing this, but as I go throughout my daily routine, I find ways to incorporate more walking into my routine. Spiritually, I set the goal of praying and studying my Bible for an hour per day. I had actually gotten into a pretty good routine of doing this until a few weeks ago when I had to travel out of town quite frequently which began to put me behind in my other obligations. My prayer time is increasing, and I am gradually getting back into studying the Bible.

            My personal experience has been one of growth. This course has been a much needed life-line to provide assistance in living a balanced stress-free life. The methods of relaxation have been the most helpful for me. These techniques have done wonders in increasing my productivity and my overall sense of peace. The thing that has been most difficult to the establishment of a routine to reach the goals I’ve set. I will be able to help others realize that even through a hectic lifestyle, it is possible and necessary to take some time for one’s self to maintain a healthy psychological well-being. Life will always place its demands on us, but it is up to us to take control.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Again,

    I am happy to read that you were able to reach some of your goals. I have alot to work on, but I know it will take time and determination to keep things going. COngrats on your improvements and I enjoyed reading your posts every unit!

    I wish you all the best in the future!!!

    -Melisa A

    ReplyDelete