Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Unit 3 The Mind-Body Connection




       Balance between the mind, body, and spirit is key to possessing an overall state of well-being. It has been quite a struggle for me to maintain a healthy balance between the three. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would currently rate my physical well-being at about a 5, spiritual well-being a 8, and psychological well-being at 6. This is how the ratings stand currently, because of me stepping into a new teaching position in which I am having to dedicate much more time outside of the classroom environment to prepare. This has actually increased my prayer and devotion time, but has decreased the time I dedicate towards physical activity and exercise.
           
        My goal to aid increase my physical well-being is to walk one mile a day. Spiritually, I would like to increase my prayer and Bible study time to an hour per day. Psychologically, I would like to take 10-minute breaks per hour of work or study that include deep-breathing techniques and stretching.

       I am not quite sure why a relaxation exercise would be entitled “The Crime of the Century”. Maybe because it couldn’t be legal to be able to achieve that level of relaxation (lol). This exercise helped bring about a greater awareness of the different aspects of my life, and helped me to assess those areas one by one. Getting caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it is easy to forget that I am loved, because I am unbalanced (indigo). I love colors and visuals, so that will help me to remember and the positive affirmations associated with each region to keep an overall balance in body and in each part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment